We need our volunteers before, during and after the sales. Our volunteers are the lifeblood of the Children’s Closet and My Sister’s Closet Sales. The bigger we get, the more we need to work at maintaining organization and quality. With the growth of the sale, we are looking for more moms, grandmas, even dads to help us as we try to keep up with the details which make the Children’s Closet Sale the great, fun sale that it has become.
Benefits of Volunteering
Fellowship of a few hours out of the houseChange of pace from your regular activities and responsibilitiesHanging out with fellow moms, grandmas even dadsNew faces, new friendsA positive pleasant atmosphere where your help is valued and appreciatedAn opportunity to shop for your family BEFORE the consignors. Yes, this is the biggest benefit!Volunteers: Choose 12 hours from the worker schedule in at least 2 hour shifts.Super Volunteers: Choose 16 hours from the worker schedule in at least 2 hour shifts.
NEW: Vounteer8: 8 hours. 4 hours worked during opening sale day and 4 hours work during our sorting process.
Our Super Volunteers will shop at 5:00 PM Thursday before the Saturday Presale.Our Volunteers will shop at 6:00 PM Thursday before the Saturday Presale.
Volunteer8 workers will shop at 7:00 PM Thursday before the Saturday Presale.
The sale will open to our other consignors Saturday morning.
A few details as you decide whether to become involved:
Volunteers are very much needed and appreciated!!!!!
- Please make sure that once you commit to volunteering with us that you follow through and be on time as much as possible for those shifts. Once you have requested your volunteer shifts, please do not change or cancel your shifts except in case of emergency. Abuse of this policy could mean not being able to volunteer in the future.
- Please RESCHEDULE YOUR SHIFT OR HAVE SOMEONE FILL IT IF YOU MUST MISS YOUR SCHEDULED SHIFT. This is in fairness to all our volunteers that put in so much hard work for this privilege.
- Children must not accompany you when you come to volunteer or to shop at the early Volunteer Shopping Party on Thursday before the Presale.
- Due to their experience and loyalty, Volunteers from the previous sale will get first pick of shifts.
- Volunteer slots are filled on a first come, first serve basis. Sign up early to insure you get your first choices.
- To register as a volunteer or a Super Volunteer, please fill in the form below. You will receive an e-mail with a list of available times. You can choose your hours and return your choices for confirmation.
- Volunteers cannot split their shifts between sales. To shop early at children’s volunteer shop, hours must be done during the children’s sale.